Tip Jar

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

Listen to Episode 27 Here!

Yes, that's right.  We're moving!!  As soon as we know where, we'll let you know.

Stitches South was terrific!  Thank you, AmyDe and family for your amazing and generous hospitality.  Some of the highlights was our fabulous meal at Cincos Mexican Cantina and or trip to Fernbank Museum of Natural History.

I finally recieved my Majacraft Little Gem and she's a keeper!!  I just love this wheel!

On My Needles:

The Daybreak Shawl by Stephen West in Miss Babbs Yummy 2ply Sock in the Nasturtium colorway and the rest of my Shi Bui sock in the Wasabi colorway (which was a Valentines present from "The Wit" and was used for my Citron shawl.

And, of course, the neverending February Lady Sweater I am knitting for my mother for Mother's Day.

In Our Wineglass:

Finca Flichman Reserva Malbec 2009  Two thumbs way up for this very flavorful red.  Loved it!

Trading Post:

We have a trade for the Eat, Sleep, Knit Gift Certificate....And the trade is for a
Philosopher's Wool Color Your Own Sweater Kit in the Peacock Colorway!  This is $130.00 value.

If anyone is interested in trading for something they feel is worth more than that amount, please pm me on Ravelry at thriftyknitter or by email at theknitwits@comcast.net.

Thanks for hanging in there with us as we get packed to move who knows where!  We're glad to have you along for the ride!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You could drive across the country to Seattle and stop at Black Sheep ON THE WAY!!! You totally have to move to Seattle. Or Florida. Wait. Yeah I'm no help.

    Seriously, friends are important BUT. Lifestyle makes friends or DOES NOT. Seattle will allow you a variety of climates to enjoy, a culture of food/wine/coffee lovers, knitters, and most importantly free spirits who don't think you are nuts for home schooling. Oh and that other little thing, work for Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not withstanding what you may have heard, New Jersey is really a nice place to live. You have the shore, NYC, Philly, Pizza, cities ( if that is your thing ), and beautiful country if you prefer that. You have the Fiber Fest in Maryland, which isn't far, plus Rhinebeck NY, not really close but closer then the west coast lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pacific Northwest is God's country according to my 97 yo mom. She grew up in the Dakotas and Minnesota, lived in Wyoming, Florida, Mississippi, Western New York and Southwestern Washington. The one place she truly loved and I agree with her was the I-5 corridor. I would have to flip a coin to decide between Portland or Sea/Tac. Decisions, decisions, which to choose. Good luck and I'm glad your the ones packing and not me. The last time I had to pack up a house was 2 years ago when I downsized from 4 bedrooms to a studio! And I and my pack rat family had been in the house for 35 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything is going ok for your move. It must have been a terrible shock for you all when you were given so little notice that you had to find somewhere else to live! I hope you have had time to find somewhere that you all really like! Best wishes to you both and your beautiful daughters
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the podcast and it picks me up when I have one of those blue days. Hope your pod casting soon. Good luck on your move and hope you find a home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with your move...I could always count on you to give me a weekly laugh listening to your podcast. Miss you guys! Hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you guys are moved and back pod casting. I am only on episode 10, but I love the show and had a little sad panda moment when I thought you were off the air. I hope you guys love Oregon! I am in Eugene, and I just recently moved here from Olympia, WA. Welcome to the PNW!

    ReplyDelete